One of the major challenges of hosting virtual events is keeping the audience engaged at all times. In fact, according to research done by Markletic.com, over 49% of marketeers say that audience engagement is the biggest contributor to a successful event.
By hosting a virtual event or hybrid event, you can allow your audience to join from across the globe so you have to accommodate different time-zones, cultures and preferences. But how do you make sure your audience is engaged at all times? In this guide we break down 6 ways you can engage your audience and achieve a more successful virtual event.
1. Keep your audience busy
You have to put yourself in the virtual shoes of the delegate and ask yourself ‘what is the motivation for me to log in today?’.
- It’s important your audience has something to do, and that there is always a presentation going on. Because of different time zones, you might not always be able to continuously deliver live presentations round the clock.
- In iVent, you can host mock-live presentations which are recorded, but can run at a time you would like to create that feeling of a live presentation.
- Create your full timed agenda with live and mock live presentations with or without live Q&A so that there is always content to be viewed no matter what timezone your delegate might be in.
2. Give plenty of choice
A big programme is the one that will keep your delegates locked in.
- Offer your delegates a choice of activities and sessions to do so that they have that moment of ‘damn, there are two awesome sessions but which do I choose’. This makes a delegate engaged and excited for what you are delivering in the event at all times.
- Most importantly, by having a diverse agenda you can cover off different topics of interest.
- Try to cover not only different topics but formats of your sessions. Provide a variety of roundtable discussions, 5 minute pitches, presentations with live Q&A. This will allow you to address delegates with different preferences on how they like to consume content.
3. Bring important and interesting speakers
Speakers always make a huge impact on the success of the engagement at an event so whether you are working with internal or external speakers:
- It’s important to choose the right speakers to deliver relevant, trend-setting content in a fun and engaging way.
- Use out of the box speakers – speakers such as explorers, broadcasters, entrepreneurs, sportsmen or politicians will always attract good attendance.
4. Get your audience involved
Create interactive roundtable sessions where all participants can speak and be on video and discuss a key topic.